Oyster Yachts Wroxham
Systems Design Engineer
JOB ADVERT – Systems Design Engineer
Built on the foundation of over 20 million blue-water sailing miles and 75 circumnavigations, we pride ourselves on putting people first. As a growing business, we enabled our employees to take ownership of their work and to be the best at what they do. Are you passionate about taking responsibility and having the ability to make a difference? Do you think outside the box and enjoy tackling challenges with colleagues alongside you?
If so, we have a great opportunity for an experienced, detail orientated and analytical individual to work as a Systems Design Engineer to join our Engineering & Design team in Wroxham, Norfolk.
Full time – 40 hours per week
Your main role will be to produce detailed mechanical systems designed and BOM lists for production.
- You will be collating and organising information for the use of the mechanical and systems department
- Supporting the engineering department to ensure efficient methods of production are maintained
- Collating information for the ‘as built’ drawing packs
- When required, you’ll be responsible for overseeing testing, installation and repair of yachts systems
- Liaising with the production department to ensure any problems that rise are dealt with and to work together to develop designs
- Knowledge and understanding of Marine Engineering Systems
- Excellent communication and written presentation skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of 3D modelling (preferably Siemens NX but not essential)
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org