Oyster Yachts Southampton
Built on the foundation of over 20 million blue-water sailing miles and 75 circumnavigations, we pride ourselves on putting people first. As a growing business, we enable our employees to take ownership of their work and to be the best at what they do. Are you passionate about taking responsibility and having the ability to make a difference? Do you think outside the box and enjoy tackling challenges with colleagues alongside you? If so, we have a great opportunity for an experienced Project Manager with excellent client liaison and communication skills acquired, preferably in the marine industry, to join our Projects team and be based in Southampton to support the 745, 885 and 1225 build programme.
Full time – 40 hours per week
The Project Manager will have overall responsibility for liaison with the Client during the yacht build and for ensuring that the client’s yacht is delivered on schedule, to the agreed specification with the agreed variations, additions and options and in line with the quality targets.
- You will be providing the Client with unbiased, professional advice regarding the yacht in build and proposed variations and options to the standard specification, whilst at all times considering Oyster’s commercial interests.
- Working with all departments to achieve pre-agreed costings, targets and schedules (principally production, engineering, design and finance); ensuring the yard have all the necessary information to build the yachts efficiently (such as adherence by the project manager to the decision timeline for in-build changes).
- Close liaison with the Yacht Line Manager to ensure that all changes to the standard specification are reflected within the yacht build budget and included for invoicing to the Client.
- Manage the liaison between client and yard (including managing weekly project updates and attending other review meetings), and where required with suppliers; continue to maintain Oyster’s exceptional reputation within the industry.
- Agree costings and specifications for standard and optional equipment purchased with both Engineering and as required with suppliers.
- Assist client with completing paperwork and administration including yacht registration, radio licensing, tonnage surveys and MCA commercial vessel compliance.
- Ensuring a smooth transition from completion of yacht to Customer Representative (as applicable) and the Oyster Warranty Manager.
- Previous experience working in a similar role within the luxury yacht industry is essential.
- Exceptional knowledge of Oyster yacht production techniques and processes and specification requirements for blue water cruising yachts.
- IT literate, competent application of Microsoft Office software specifically Excel and Word.
- Ability to liaise and converse with clients (excellent written and oral skills), along with working closely with all internal departments
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact our HR department at email@example.com