Oyster Yachts Wroxham
JOB ADVERT – Painter
Built on the foundation of over 20 million blue-water sailing miles and 75 circumnavigations, we pride ourselves on putting people first. As a growing business, we enable our employees to take ownership of their work and to be the best at what they do. Are you passionate about taking responsibility and having the ability to make a difference? Do you think outside the box and enjoy tackling challenges with colleagues alongside you?
If so, we have a great opportunity for an experienced, detail orientated and passionate individual to work as a Painter to join our Joinery & Painting team in Wroxham, Norwich.
Full time – 40 hours per week
The role of the painter is key to the finishing department, producing a high standard of finish using a variety of products. The role holder will utilise their skill sets to prepare, finish and repair materials.
- The role holder will be preparing veneer and timber, ready for painting and spraying.
- You’ll be using antifouling, PU and water-based varnishing to complete work
- Coordinating with other trades in the manufacturing department to ensure smooth transition of work
- Confident and competent use of PPE and chemical handling
- Producing a high standard of finish using a variety of products
- At least 2 years of previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to be organised and work to close time deadlines
- Proven track record of completing work to a high standard
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coordinate with peers in the Company
- Knowledge and experience in the marine industry as well as working with timber/ GRP boats.
- Relevant C&G qualification or equivalent
- Understanding of Oyster yachts
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact our HR department at email@example.com