Oyster Yachts Southampton
JOB ADVERT – Marine Electrician
Built on the foundation of over 20 million blue-water sailing miles and 75 circumnavigations, we pride ourselves on putting people first. As a growing business, we encourage our employees to take ownership of their work, along with continuous improvements in efficiencies and quality. Are you passionate about taking responsibility and having the ability to make a difference? Do you think outside the box and enjoy tackling challenges with colleagues alongside you?
If so, we have a great opportunity for an experienced, detail orientated and motivated individual to work as a Marine Electrician to join our Manufacturing team in Southampton.
Full time – 40 hours per week, 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday
You will be responsible for installing and testing all electrics, electronics and navigation equipment on our luxury cruising yachts to an exceptional standard.
As a Marine Electrician, you will be responsible for:
- Reading and interpreting electrical drawings
- Installing electrical equipment on luxury yachts
- Coordinating your workload with other departments, such as engineering and boat building
- Carrying out general maintenance on equipment, including PAT testing
- Self-motivated and responsible for personal development
- Knowledge of AC/DC systems is essential, a relevant electrical qualification is also essential
- Good organisational skills and aptitude for applying technical knowledge practically
- Good marine background would also be advantageous
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org