Oyster Yachts Wroxham
Marine Electrical Design Engineer
JOB ADVERT – Marine Electrical Design Engineer
Built on the foundation of over 20 million blue-water sailing miles and 75 circumnavigations, we pride ourselves on putting people first. As a growing business, we enabled our employees to take ownership of their work and to be the best at what they do. Are you passionate about taking responsibility and having the ability to make a difference? Do you think outside the box and enjoy tackling challenges with colleagues alongside you?
If so, we have a great opportunity for an experienced, detail orientated and analytical individual to work as a Marine Electrical Design Engineer to join our Design & Engineering team in Wroxham, Norwich.
Full time – 40 hours per week
You will be responsible for producing detailed electrical schematics and wiring schedules for production and ‘as built’ drawing packs.
- As Marine Electrical Design Engineer, you’ll be collating and organising information for the use of the electrical department
- Designing marine electrical circuits to accommodate optional extras to the standard vessel
- Draughting layout drawings for switchboards and panels etc
- Creating and updating electrical wiring schedules, as well as data lists for the set-up and commissioning of each vessel
- Ensuring compliance with relevant ISO/IEC standards
- A background and relevant qualification in electrical engineering is essential
- Essential previous experience with marine electrical systems
- Excellent communication and written presentation skills
- Previous experience with 2D AutoCAD is essential, 3D CAD would be beneficial
- Thorough working knowledge and understanding of 24VDC and 230/400VAC electrical circuits
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org