Oyster Yachts Southampton
Project Management and Commissioning Administrator/Assistant
Reports to: Lead Client Project Manager, Oyster Yachts Southampton
Job Purpose Summary
To provide assistance and administrative support to the client facing Project Management and Commissioning teams at Oyster Yachts Southampton.
Duties include, but are not exclusively limited to:
• Provide assistance and administrative support to Client Project Management and Commissioning teams.
• Maintain computer and paper records for Client Project Management and Commissioning documentation.
• Staff the Client Area reception, meet and greet Clients.
• Organise, arrange catering for and attend meetings, including taking notes and writing accurate minutes.
• Written, telephone and face-to-face communications with Clients.
• Undertake analysis and research relating to options and customisations for Client Project Managers.
• Liaise with contractors and suppliers.
• Place Purchase Orders and update purchasing records.
• Compile paper and electronics manuals, drawing packs and documents for each new yacht.
• Assist Commissioning Manager with arrival of new yachts and rigs and with rig stepping
• Assist as required with commissioning, sea trials or delivery passages.
• Assist with upkeep and presentation of yachts, including occasional interior and exterior cleaning.
• Assist with new yacht handovers, including assisting Owners with arrangements for handover events.
• Assist as required at boat shows, regattas and events.
• Occasional travel between yards and manufacturing sites. Occasional work outside of core hours.
• Be hard working, truthful and concientious at all times.
• Maintain Oyster’s good image with all client contact, advice, handover, warranty and after-sales, both during business and social activities.
• Be a valued member of the Oyster Yachts team and to undertake any other duties that may assist the Oyster Group.
• Highly organised, literate and numerate
• Good administrative skills and experience
• Self motivated, good time management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Competent user of Microsoft Office software
• Ability to liaise and converse with high net worth clients
• Higher education in a relevant field
• Sailing experience/qualifications, ideally including modern sailing yachts of 20m+
• Have an understanding of marine systems fitted on board modern yachts
• Knowledge/experience of yacht production, design and/or refit
• Ability to understand technical drawings and specifications
Please email your CV to: email@example.com with a covering letter highlighting your key experience and work history.