Oyster Yachts Southampton
The Naval Architect reports to the Lead Naval Architect and assists other members of the Oyster design team.
Principal Job Responsibilities
You are to provide and produce detailed engineering plans and calculations for production.
General Requirements of the Role
· Produce detailed 3D tooling models, boat joinery and engineering models/drawings.
· Be able to produce fabrication drawings including detailed technical drawings to enable the production by yards and external contractors.
· Be able to produce basic laminate plans with calculations to back them up.
· Produce weight estimates and Load case’s for new and existing models.
· Produce systems engineering layouts and routing in new and existing models.
· Assist in tasks specific to Hull and Rigging including calculations / deck plans / sail plans.
· Capable of performing general engineering calculations using Excel.
· Have a clear understanding of marine systems used within yachts.
· Working Knowledge of RCD/MCA/DNV rules.
· Keen eye for detail.
· Working within a team of designers / naval architects in order to optimize the overall design.
· Occasional travel between yards and manufacturing sites.
· Assist in communicating directly with concept designers/stylists in terms of getting the concept design suitable for our production line and at a manageable cost.
· To be hard working, truthful and conscientious at all times.
· To be a valued member of the Design Team and undertake any other duties that may assist the Design department, Oyster Marine or Oyster Group.
Skills and Abilities
· Naval architecture degree.
· Design or practical experience in the yachting sector.
· Detailed knowledge of yacht production techniques and processes.
· Able to work with 2D and 3D Parametric CAD software ideally V5 CATIA.
Please email your CV to: email@example.com with a covering letter highlighting your key experience and work history by 21st April 2017.