Oyster Yachts Wroxham
The Marine Electrician will report directly to the Electrical Planning Manager and will assist other members of the electrical team plus liaise with the various departments when required.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- To install and test all electrics, electronics and navigation equipment on luxury cruising yachts, to a high standard.
General Requirements Of The Role:
- Able to read and interpret electrical drawings.
- Knowledge of AC/DC systems.
- Knowledge of AV and NAV systems.
- Ability to work with different voltages (international).
- Able to test and commission own work.
- Ability to solder to a high standard.
- Maintaining your knowledge and keeping up to date with new technologies.
- Ability to carry out general maintenance and tool repair i.e. PAT Testing.
- Good organisational skills and aptitude for applying technical knowledge practically.
- Ability to plan work with other trades.
- Keep the electrical department’s housekeeping up to date/in order.
- Ability to use ladders safely; work on uneven levels and in confined spaces etc.
- To be hard working, truthful and conscientious at all times.
- To be a valued member of the electrical team and undertake any other duties that may assist the department, Oyster Marine or the Oyster Group.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good at fault finding.
- An electrical/electronic qualification, in line with current legislation, would be an advantage.
- Experience of marine/boat electrics/electronics would be an advantage.
Please email your CV to: email@example.com with a covering letter highlighting your key experience and work history.