Oyster Yachts Southampton
Marine Electrical Design Engineer
The Marine Electrical Design Engineer/Draughtsman will be based at Saxon Wharf, Southampton and will report directly to the Technical Manager at Oyster Yachts Southampton. You will assist other members of the electrical and design teams plus liaise with various departments as and when required.
Principle Job Responsibilities
- To produce detailed electrical schematics and wiring schedules for production and ‘as built’ drawing packs.
General requirements of the role
- Collating and organising information for the use of the electrical department.
- Designing marine electrical circuits to accommodate optional extras to the standard vessel.
- Draughting electrical drawings to an excellent standard.
- Draughting layout drawings for switchboards, panels, etc.
- Creating and updating electrical wiring schedules.
- Creating and updating data lists for the set-up and commissioning of each vessel.
- Creating and updating component parts lists for purchasing.
- Assisting in testing and commissioning of electrical systems to ensure correct installation.
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant ISO/IEC standards.
- Collating information for the ‘as built’ drawing packs.
Skills and Abilities
- A background and qualification in electrical engineering or a related discipline is essential.
- Previous experience with marine electrical systems or an equivalent industry is essential.
- Excellent experience with AutoCAD or other suitable 2D drafting software.
- Excellent experience with Excel spreadsheets.
- Thorough understanding of 24VDC & 230/400VAC electrical circuits.
- Good communication and written presentation skills.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to work to demanding schedules.
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter highlighting your key experience and work history.