Oyster Yachts Southampton
The Joinery Designer reports to the Lead Joinery Designer and assists other members of the Oyster design team.
Principal Job Responsibilities
You are to provide and produce detailed joinery designs. Improve the joinery design processes and increase the overall joinery design efficiency.
General Requirements of the Role
· Responsible for producing detailed boat joinery and engineering models/drawings for use in both production yards.
· Have an understanding of the CNC process.
· Be able to perform and work within a team of designers / naval architects / project managers in order to optimize the overall design.
· Responsible for producing detailed technical drawings to enable the production yards and external contractors to efficiently produce the yacht.
· Produce detailed and accurate joinery production 3D CATIA models, construction drawings, installation drawings and, if required, fabrication drawings for 3rd party companies.
· Able to produce general fabrication drawings for production by third parties.
· Have a clear understanding of marine systems used within yachts.
· Capable of performing general engineering calculations.
· Occasional travel between yards and manufacturing sites.
· To be hard working, truthful and conscientious at all times.
· To be a valued member of the Design Team and undertake any other duties that may assist the Design department, Oyster Marine or Oyster Group.
Skills and Abilities
· Naval architecture background would be an advantage.
· Design or practical experience in the yachting sector.
· Detailed knowledge of yacht production techniques and processes.
· Able to work with 2D and 3D CAD software including V5 CATIA.
Please email your CV to: email@example.com with a covering letter highlighting your key experience and work history by 21st April 2017.