Oyster Yachts Southampton
Joiners’ Shop Foreman
The Joiners’ Shop Foreman will report directly to the Production Manager and will assist other members of the production team plus liaise with various departments as and when required.
PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
To manage a Joinery team in the production of furniture and cabinetry on luxury cruising yachts to a high standard.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE:
- To be responsible for the day to day running of the Shop Joinery Department and Mill.
- To work closely with the Design, Programming, CNC and Varnishing Departments.
- To ensure furniture is built to the issued drawings and Master Work List drawings.
- To ensure the furniture is built to the correct standard of quality.
- To possess excellent communication skills in order to liaise with all departments especially the Production and Project Departments.
- To be responsible for placing orders with suppliers and receiving deliveries.
- To be responsible for health and safety and for communicating information back to the H&S Manager.
- To have excellent joinery knowledge along with excellent problem solving skills.
- To keep up to date with new technologies.
- To be hard working, truthful and conscientious at all times.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Relevant C&G Qualifications or equivalent essential.
- Previous experience in the marine industry working with timber/GRP boats.
- Experience in managing a department would be preferable.